Bernie, Stacy, Jessica & Brianna's Memories

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Final Diagnosis - Not Cancer! Hooray!

We don't know for sure yet if it's sarcoidosis, but the "final" path report did not show cancer. Are we surprised? Not really; just very thankful and accepting this miracle with tremendous gratitude, along with the many miracles we've been blessed with so far along this journey. There's some other things they are testing the node for (including TB and fungus, gross), and I don't know when we'll know the "final" answer on all that, but they do know no cancer was found.

We'll go back to the oncologist after New Year's, and he'll refer us to a Pulmonogist to see about the sarcoidosis and what treatment if any is needed for that. Bernie may do the 2, 1 hour sessions of chemo, but we'll hash all that out after the New Year. (p.s. 99.9% of people I've shared the Sarcoidosis status with have wondered as I did what it was. Here's more than you'll want to know: http://www.sarcoidosissharma.com/pages/6/index.htm)

And then there's the funny story of me buying the ONLY pregnancy test where two lines indicates it's NEGATIVE, ha ha. (The second circle will be a PLUS sign when it's positive, after I read the directions and thought for a whole day I might have been pregnant.) Every other test I've ever taken had one line for negative, and when the 2nd line appeared it meant positive. We weren't overly disappointed, though, just ongoing trust in God's timing.

p.s. Forgot to post the other day that they were able to get what needed the less invasive way. Bernie's still sore in his chest & very much taking it easy, but is recovering well. (Could it be the sweet nurse who's taking care of him? He probably wouldn't say so since I've been teasing him to "suck it up".) He'll go back to work next Wednesday