Bernie, Stacy, Jessica & Brianna's Memories

Monday, January 23, 2006

Chemo Went Well...

....today. Thank you so much for all your prayers; we really felt them. They gave Bernie some anti-nausea meds that are supposed to last for 36 hours (wow, coulda used those when I was pregant!! ha ha), so he isn't feeling any different, and they sent us home w/some Zofran samples and a prescription for Phenergan and Attivan. We didn't finish until around 3:30 and we were starving by then, so we went to Bennigan's and had a big, late lunch. Now, we're just waiting for 24 to hurry up and come on the TV!! (or one of us is anyway; I'm so addicted to that show.) Please continue to pray that the chemo will do what it's supposed to do and that the lack of side effects will continue in all the days ahead.

Today we asked the oncologist about getting pregnant and he said we needed to wait at least 6 months after the second chemo round (which is 2/13 @ 2:20 p.m.). That was kind of a bummer, and there's no guarantee it would happen immediately at that point. We are going to see the fertility doc at 8:30 tomorrow morning. (I have a peace about going for the consult, but I'm not sure about the procedure itself yet.) Then, I'm taking a vacation day and am going to redeem part of my SpaTaNeity gift certificate with a therapeutic massage at 12:30. Boy am I looking forward to that! I'll probably pick up Jessica early from school, too, & take her to the park or something. We'll see.

Thanks for visiting.
S,B&J